Monday 11 March 2013

6 weeks to go!

Oh my actual goodness, how has this happened! How is there only 6 weeks to go until the marathon?! I makes me feel a little faint, slightly (very) terrified and absolutely overwhelmed at the thought of crossing that finish line in 6 weeks time! We are already planning out where people will stand along the race course so we can look out for familiar and cheering faces as we plod our way round 26.2 miles for our wonderful charities!

Last week was very successful and I completed about 21 miles which included a 12 mile run through beautiful london on Saturday; with our Lucozade and energy gels me and Hannah kept a constant pace through out and we are really getting on well with our running together! I'm so glad we get to run the marathon together...at least I'll have someone to cry with at the end of it this time!! Although the ultimate question is who is going to be the one to sprint off at the end? Because I guess one of us has to win....yes?

In other news my vest is arriving soon!! I can't wait to write my name on it and do some training in it to really get a feel of what it will be like on the day! THE THOUGHT OF CROSSING THAT FINISH LINE JUST MAKES ME WANT TO...wah I can't even express just how amazing it will feel WHEN we finish! Also this blog has had about 750 views which is amazing! Thats just less than how much money I've raised...nearly £1000. Just need that extra push to get above £1000 so if anyone has any spare pennies then please, donate here!

I am also going to feature in the Daily Echo soon so keep a look out for me there!!
So this time is all about going hard or going home...I want to make the marathon as easy as possible so I'm really going to go for it for the next few weeks and although it'll probably the hardest thing I've ever done, this time in 6 weeks when it's all over and done with; I'll probably want to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment