Sunday 11 November 2012

WEEK 5...still here!

Ok so I skipped a week last week with the blog because I was at home celebrating the little bro's big 16...and I came back to Southampton with a marathon training magazine (great read) and a new spur of motivation!!

Then I got really ill.

HOWEVER...considering I could only breathe out of my mouth this week,  training went really well and I'm beginning to feel less wobble as the days go by! I completed 11.05 miles altogether this week.  That was over a series of 2 outdoor runs, and 2 (quite pitiful) gym sessions...like I said, I couldn't breathe!

I also did a body conditioning class this week...which I was surprised to get out of alive! Scariest women trainer...literally the type of women who would probably kick you back into that plank if you drop!! I'm sure I'll thank her some day...I'm trying to improve my overall strength where I hear it makes you a stronger runner!

My team won our netball game this week! So 2 netball sessions on top of my work outs and its been quite a busy one! Last night I motivated myself and planned out that I would run the long way home from netball to get some miles in...it worked really well because now I am home and I don't have to go out again! I'm going to make it a regular thing...to be honest the 24 minutes of sprinting around the netball court basically killed me so I'm surprised I managed to get home! (some walking was involved). We stopped our match at 11 for the 2 minutes silence, quite important considering my military roots. Remembrance always makes me think about Dukies parading through the school, and then onto Chapel for the loudest rendition of 'Sons of the Brave' humanly possible. We will remember them.

I am going to incorporate some hill running and rowing into my workouts and see how that goes...(the shear thought of hill running makes me start to sweat a bit..) however, it MUST be done!! My fellow marathon runners are probably tackling some mountain while I'm sat here merely typing about hill running, and still feeling tired!

So thanks for reading...I'd love some tips if anyone has any and sponsorship if you can spare a couple of pennies...incase you are weary...I WILL be finishing the marathon and I appreciate all your support :)

Happy Sunday!
Love Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment