Sunday 3 February 2013

Dying a bit this week....


HAPPY SUNDAY!

So sorry I missed out a weekly blog last week but motivation was lagging and I only did one run last week so felt a bit guilty!

This week has been much better, although I've come down with something and could only manage a mile of my long run this morning without feeling dizzy and had to come off at half time in netball. They say listen to your body so I'll rest today and be fresh tomorrow!

So this week has been a success in a number of ways...Hannah and I signed up for a 14 mile 'heartbreaker' race. So called due to it being all up hill as I was told AFTER signing up. (lesson 1, always read the small print) which is in 3 weeks time today so that's exciting!!
I also joined a running club this week, and as nerve wracking as it was I plucked up the courage and went along on Thursday night and thoroughly enjoyed a tough 6.6 mile social run! I like that the milage for each run is creeping up and up although I think I need to up the training so I'll be going to the running club 2/3 times a week with my long run on the side.

I've never quite ached so much as I have this week, but i think that is down to me being a little under the weather...alas why I have nommed 2 oranges and a pint of orange juice this morning all ready.

So the marathon is drawing ever nearer and the thought of hitting my fundraising target, more and more daunting. I have some ideas looming so I'm hoping to get those into action as I think they will go down quite well!
But if you can spare a few pennies I'd be extremely grateful and if it is only £1 then it's £1 of selflessness and that's always encouraged and rewarded.

Have a lovely Sunday
Love (and ill, aching and always bloody hungry) Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment