Friday 12 October 2012

WEEK 1

OK SO I'M RUNNING THE MARATHON! I can't believe that me and Hannah have actually subjected ourselves to this (very worthwhile) torture out of our own free will! The feeling of undue anxiety and complete elation as I read the email that I got my Golden bond place for Variety is one that won't quickly be forgotten!

Hannah and I are running for separate charities; mine for disadvantaged and disabled children.  An issue that has been close to my heart for a couple of years after working on a disadvantaged children's camp in America for the past 2 years! Hannah is raising money for a charity which supports the homeless. Both absolutely fantastic causes...although we have a lot of work to do in terms of running/training and fundraising!

So as my first entry I am creating this blog to keep you all updated on my progress through out the running adventure so that you can see your money is going to see me and Hannah across the finish line on the 21st of April...I'll repeat that WHEN we cross that finish line (even if I'm crawling).

So to keep you up to date on my training plans I have already completed the first 2 sessions of my training plan (along with 2 netball training sessions) whilst dying of the freshers flu...(some how I feel that this will be a highlight of the gruelling session that lie ahead...) and I'm feeling GREAT! I will be keeping track of all the miles I have run per week so you all know that I'm not slacking!

Thank you so much for your support and please keep up to date with mine and Hannahs marathon journeys via this blog or facebook (I'll post the link on my next weekly blog update!)

LOVE (a already aching) LAURA!

No comments:

Post a Comment